This is a massive projectMore
To provide financial assistance and other support to St. Andrew Technical High School and its students in Kingston, Jamaica In furtherance of the mission stated above, STATHS Alumni Association North East Chapter shall: Provide a forum for communication between the school and its graduates to encourage the current student body to strive for excellence and maintain the dreams of the founding members. Take the necessary steps to raise funds to support STATHS by subscription, promotion of social and cultural activities. Promote the mutual interest of the Association members provided that this is covered without using the Association as a vehicle for individual self-gain. Make possible donations for charitable and or educational purpose. Co-operate and participate with other organizations whether incorporated or not which have objectives in whole or part to and similar to the objectives of the Associationknow more
This year STATHS NE 2020 Scholarship are varied and they come from several sources.
STATHS NE Chapter has donated 10 Scholarships valued at US $500 each and this year the Scholarship is in the form of a laptop computer plus US $100 for our beloved students.
The STATHS Family and Friends Scholarship is donated by Melbourne Newell and his associates who donated 14 Scholarships in the form of a Laptop computer and US $100 for 14 students.
The John Gordon Scholarship donated by STATHS NE Members through a monetary collection, is a $500 Scholarship, in the form of a Laptop Computer and US$100 and is to be awarded to a male student from Balcome Drive School. The late John Gordon was a member of the Class of 1982 who passed away 3 years ago and his friends are keeping his memory alive through this scholarship.
Individual Members have also donated an additional 6 Scholarships value at $500 each also in the form of a laptop computer and US $100.
The individual Scholarships are as follows:
1. The Melanie Forrest-George and Kirk Thompson Scholarship
2. The Clenton & Claudette Cunningham Scholarship donated by Winsome Cunningham in honor of her parents
3. The Class of 1964/1966/1969 Scholarships 2 scholarships donated by Doreen Yee, Sheila Edie, Merlene Fray and graduates of classes 1964, 1966 and 1969
4. The Mitchner Scholarship 2 scholarships, donated by the late Anthony Mitchner (Class of 75)
5. The Karlene Cousins Memorial Scholarship 2 Scholarship donated by Peter Cousins in memory of his late wife of the Class of 1979
The following Scholarships are Cash Scholarships between $200 and $500 where the donors want their Scholarships to be awarded to the recipients as Cash
1. The Rose Sisters Scholarship donated by Michelle Rose Nathan and her sisters
2. The Una Maud Chambers Scholarship donated by Dayon Chambers in memory of her mother
3. The O&S Investment Group LLC Scholarship 2 Scholarships donated by Sandra Hamilton and Oswald Powell
4. The Norman Price Scholarship, 2 scholarships donated by Norman Price
5. The Tyrone Burgess Scholarship 2 scholarships donated by Tyrone Burgess
6. The Sharon Marie Leslie Scholarship
7. The Stafford Harris Scholarship
Each year we donate at least ten (10) Scholarships valued at $500 each to needy students as part of our mission.
We also assist needy students with a donation of electronic devices such as laptops and tablets, money for lunch, breakfast, books and school fees and food baskets.
We are constantly engaged in donations of school furniture, equipment for the trade center and computer labs, as well as financial assistance for infrastructure upgrades.
When STATHSNE assist our school with the donation of computers, network equipment, workshop equipment and student scholarships, this builds the capability of the school to support the surrounding community.
Our Alumni Association enables you to harness the power of this network to assist disadvantaged students at STATHS. This may be in the form of school fee payment, textbook purchase, uniform purchase, payment for school meals and the purchase of necessary school stationery.